Chewing gum has become a pleasure in itself to accompany various activities. However, when chewing gum sticks to the carpet, the stain can become difficult to remove. The secret to getting rid of chewing gum is to get rid of its stickiness. If you panic and are afraid to damage the carpet, you should give this task to Green USA Cleaning. They can lift the gum on the carpet without leaving a mark.
Here are tips to remove the former chewing gum on the carpet.
1. Place the ice cubes in a plastic bag.
Place an ice pack over the gum stain that’s stuck to the carpet. Leave the bag of ice there until the former gum freezes and becomes firm. Do this as soon as possible after the gum sticks. If it’s been too long, usually the gum will be difficult to remove even though it dries.
2. After the former gum freezes, try to pry it out with a knife. Gently pry the remaining gum into small pieces. Don’t be in a hurry because the knife can damage the carpet and create other problems.
3. Dampen a clean cloth with the cleaning solution and remove any remaining sticky gum. You can also use cooking oil to wipe the stickiness off the gum.
4. Mix 2 cups of warm water with 1 tbsp. dish detergent and white vinegar. This solution is useful for removing residual stains and the color of the gum. Apply the solution to the carpet using a clean cloth.
5. Rinse the carpet with a damp cloth and then dry with a clean, dry cloth.
After all the processes are done, store the carpet in a warehouse or a place far from activities. From the above, we can tell if it is very inconvenient to clean the gum stuck to the carpet. Therefore, avoid sticky food or sticky objects from the carpet. Use the carpet in certain places only and don’t let anyone eat on the carpet.
It may be easy to find a professional who can clean the carpet, but actually, the initial care for the carpet itself is within us.